Friday, October 7, 2011

How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?

 How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?

In my opinion, using technology in education is a good idea to improve the students' knowledge. Blogs, wikis and delicious are examples of technology which I would use with my EFL students. Of course, I will use these technologies when I am sure that the students have an idea about them.







I would use blogs with my EFL students in different means. I will ask students to read other blogs and to respond to posts on my own blog. Also, I will ask each student to start blogging and correct others' mistakes. In this way they will improve their writing skills. I will use blogs to share ideas for teaching activities or language games to use in the classroom. Also, I will explain a lesson by using pictures in the posts and add links that will help them to learn more and more.
I believe that the main purpose of using wikis is to enable collaboration. So, I will use wikis to design a collaborative project. For example, I will ask the students to work in pairs and to make a project that relates to English language such as designing a grammar lesson.

 Delicious is a social bookmarking in which I save my links. I would use delicious with my students by giving them important links that improve them. I will ask them to save links of games, teaching websites, others English teachers' blogs , and tutorial clips so they have to check them to improve themselves.  

4 comments:

  1. Dear Nouf,
    Thanks for providing insightful ideas for using these tools with English language learners.
    Inspiring!
    Keep the good work up!
    Happy tagging.
    Dr. Hala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nouf ...
    you add something interesting in how would teacher use blogs with EFL student .
    good work ..
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nouf for this useful post. I would try to use blogger, wiki and delicious to make my teaching style different and effective. Furthermore,there are many webs to explore that would help in teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Nouf..
    Actually your explanation is very good.
    I agree with you,that the using technology in education is a good idea to improve the students' knowledge..

    Good luck my dear ,, ^_^

    ReplyDelete